Wedding Planning can be hard and a stressful time if you’re unsure where to start or what to do. This is short course that will help you gain the skills, knowledge and confidence in planning the perfect wedding. You will study topics such as budgeting, location, catering and religious considerations. Whether you are interested in studying wedding planning for your own special day or wanting to pursue a career in as a Wedding Planner, this course will teach you what you need to know.
There are 9 lessons in this course:
- Introduction: Covers the nature, scope, opportunities and options available when planning a wedding. Looks at different types of weddings, understanding ceremonies (different religions, celebrants etc), receptions and working with wedding photographers, reception centres, churches etc.
- Planning: Choosing locations, services, products to use from reception centres, rings, the church or venue, catering and flowers. Also covers themed weddings, destination weddings and off-beat weddings.
- Managing People: Handling different personalities and the role of different members of the party.
- Managing Locations: Reception, Church, Photo Shoot Location, Pre Wedding Hen/Stag Parties etc.
- Managing the Programme: Arrivals, Departures, Ceremonies, Speeches, Entertainment, Eating, Drinking, Dancing etc.
- Other Issues: Photography, Video, Flowers, Clothing, The Beautician, Invitations, Stationery, Gifts etc.
- Managing the Client: Interviewing a Client, Facilitating a Plan, Budgeting, Establishing a Contract; Management Techniques, Flow Charts, Check Lists, Schedules.
- Managing the Wedding Day: Planning for Contingencies.
- Operating a Wedding Business: Naming your business, dreaming up the plan, designing a web page. Advertising, PR, Costing Structures, Finance, Contracts, Insurance, Starting a Business, Cancellation Policies, Industry Associations, Building Relationships with Service Providers.
This course is ideal for:
- Aspiring Wedding Planners
- Event planners wanting to expand their portfolio
- Brides-to-be looking to make their big day perfect
Each lesson concludes with an assignment which is submitted to us and marked by one of our qualified educators and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments, and extra reading, if necessary.
Duration- 100 hours
12 months access
At the completion of this course you will be awarded a Statement of Attainment for Wedding Planning.