There are 8 lessons in this course:
- Reasons for Fitness
- Basic components of physical fitness, reasons for fitness, fitness testing and evaluating endurance.
- Understanding your body
- Body structure, cardio respiratory system and aerobic/anaerobic energy.
- Testing your fitness
- Types of fitness tests, differences due to age and gender and evaluating different types of fitness tests.
- Exercises for specific purposes
- Types of exercise, developing physique, basic conditioning exercises, and exercises for specific problems.
- Nutrition and Weight control
- Nutrition basics, weight control and planning a diet.
- Endurance and Suppleness
- Assessing how supple your body is, exercises that increase suppleness.
- Home Medicine and First Aid
- Basic first aid, acupressure and alternative vs mainstream medicine.
- Designing an Exercise Program
- Designing a program, assessing fitness and designing an appropriate program.
Each lesson concludes with an assignment which is submitted to us and marked by one of our qualified educators and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments, and extra reading, if necessary.
Duration- 100 hours
12 months access
At the completion of this course you will be awarded a statement of attainment for Personal Fitness.