There are 6 lessons in this course:
- Plant Identification and Culture. How plants are named, scientific and common names, watering, weed control, when and how to use a glasshouse/shadehouse.
- Plant Propagation. Overview of propagation techniques, propagating mixes, pots, hormones, propagating structures and aids.
- Soils and Nutrition. Soil structure, soil additives, major nutrients, minor nutrients, nutrient deficiencies, salt toxicity, soil mixes, fertilisers.
- Seed Propagation and Nursery Business. Handling seed, pre-germination treatments, handling seedlings, propagating selected species.
- Cutting Propagation. Stem cuttings, leaf cuttings, leaf bud cuttings, propagating selected species by cuttings.
- Pest and Disease. Identifying a problem, insects, fungal diseases, nursery hygiene.
Each lesson concludes with an assignment which is submitted to us and marked by one of our qualified educators and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments, and extra reading, if necessary.
Duration- 100 hours
12 months access
At the completion of this course you will be awarded a statement of attainment for Nursery Growers Course.